Environmental Advisory Committee
Environmental Health and Safety Policy
ODU is committed to excellence in environmental, health and safety stewardship on our campus and locally throughout the communities that we serve. We will achieve this by integrating environmental, health and safety requirements and pollution prevention techniques into project planning and execution.
ODU is committed to maintaining an environmentally-friendly, healthy, and safe campus. Members of the ODU community therefore will:
- Minimize, as feasible, the adverse environmental, health and safety impacts of our facilities, activities and operations to protect human health and the environment;
- Achieve and maintain compliance with federal, state and local environmental, health and safety laws and good practices in all of our departments;
- Achieve a high standard of institutional accountability for environmental, health and safety stewardship, while maintaining the independence of research and teaching;
- Incorporate sustainable design, increased recycling, and other environmentally-friendly design elements into all renovation and new construction as ways to further the creation of a "green campus";
- Promote the well-being of the ODU community by emphasizing environmental and safety awareness through education and good management practices;
- Provide educational opportunities to our students and other members of our community, to reinforce the values exemplified in this policy;
- Measure and continuously improve our environmental, health and safety performance.
ODU is committed to upholding these environmental health & safety values. This institution is dedicated to addressing and improving our EH&S stewardship in order to preserve the environment and educate future generations on sustainability.
CHARTER & PURVIEW
Old Dominion University
Environmental Health & Safety
Spong Hall, suite 203
Norfolk, VA 23529