Check with any civic group within your community.
- Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts
- Rotary Clubs
- Women's Clubs
- Religious Organizations
- Parent's Employer or large corporations
The Internet - check our scholarship links for free resources for applying for scholarships.
Your department - check to see what scholarships are available through your major department.
Tips-Applying for Scholarships:
- Be cautious about scholarship scams!
- Pay close attention to scholarship deadlines.
- Prepare your resume in order to gather your thoughts and show your achievements.
- Have a few people write letters of recommendation on your behalf so you will have them ready for scholarship applications.
- Let your essays reflect your personality. Academic merit and scholastic achievements are important, but they are not the only criteria considered.
- When you receive notification that you have been awarded a scholarship, send a thank you note to the donor.
- Always keep the donor informed of your progress. It may allow you to receive a scholarship in the future.