Accounts Payable is responsible for ensuring that all payments for the University are processed in accordance with a multitude of policies and procedures, including Internal Revenue Service requirements, state coding requirements, and prompt payment. As a state agency, Old Dominion University is required to pay for all completely delivered goods and services by the required payment due date. The required payment due date is established by the terms of the contract. If no contract exists, Old Dominion University is required to pay invoices 30 calendar days after receipt of a proper invoice or thirty days after receipt of goods/services, whichever date is later.
- Accounts Payable Prepayment Guide for Departments (May 2013)
How to request prepayments, what are allowable prepayments, and supporting documentation needed to pay.
- Accounts Payable Vendor Number Guide for Departments (May 2013)
W-9 and W-8BEN forms; taxpayer ID # (TIN), Federal Employer ID Number (FEIN), and Employer's ID Number (EIN); how to find a vendor's number in Banner, how to determine if a vendor is in Banner.
- Accounts Payable Vendor Payment Guide for Departments (May 2013)
What is required to pay a vendor, how due dates are determined, how to research outstanding bills.
- Accounts Payable Worker Classification Guide for Departments (May 2013)
How to determine if a worker is an Independent Contractor or an employee, employees performing work outside the scope of normal job duties.
- Small Business Reimbursement/Departmental Petty Cash Fund (June 2013)
Information concerning small business reimbursements and departmental petty cash funds.
- Travel Guide (June 2013)
Basic guidelines for travel including links to procedures.
- Year-End Payment Guide for Departments (May 2013)
Which fiscal year will be charged and reminders on receiving, prepayments, purchasing card, petty cash and travel.