Manual Accounts Payable Check Policy
We produce both local and Commonwealth checks in the Office of Finance. University procedures require a minimum of 3 working days to ensure adequate validation, production and audit of manual checks.
If a payment cannot be expedited due to Commonwealth Regulations, the appropriate required due date will be assigned to the payment.
Steps in the Procedure:
- Complete all original paperwork as required by Accounts Payable processing procedures.
- Supporting documentation must be attached to all requests for check payment.
- All walk-in check requests must still be delivered to the Customer Relations desk so that the time and date of receipt can be stamped on the request and the Accounts Payable staff member can be called.
- Since it is time sensitive, once the request is stamped, please hand-deliver these requests directly to an Accounts Payable staff member. Do not leave these forms at the Customer Relations desk, as this will cause a delay in processing.
- Checks can be picked up from the CASHIERS' WINDOWS upstairs in Rollins Hall once they are ready.
Lines may be heavy during peak tuition times and the opening of school. To decrease the time you wait in line, you may want to visit the Cashiers during the morning hours between 8:00am and 10:00am and the afternoon hours between 3:30pm and 5:00pm.
- Checks will be mailed unless other instructions are provided.