Self-Service Accounts and Advance Bills
Tuition deadline is before classes begin.
You must be registered to receive a billing statement.
Failure to receive a billing statement will not release a student from the responsibility for paying on time.
Advance Billing Practices
A billing statement will be mailed to all student accounts with a balance due within 60 days.
Billing statements will be mailed to all student accounts that meet these conditions:
• accounts with new charges since the last billing cycle
• Fall and spring payment plan participants
• accounts assessed the 10% late payment penalty
• accounts over 60 days delinquent and referred to collections
Registrations Will Not Be Cancelled Due To Nonpayment Of Tuition!
Failure to attend a course after registering is not justification for elimination of charges. A student must officially drop to qualify for a refund or release of charges by the drop/add deadline posted in the schedule of classes. Failure to pay will not release a student from the responsibility for these charges.
How to Obtain Your Bill
Your financial information is provided through a self-service account.
- Students are charged tuition after registration is completed. First, access your student records and confirm your registration.
- See Leo Online instructions for log in instructions.
- To obtain the amount of tuition, fees, etc. incurred, go to "Student Records"; select "Student Account by Term". Links are also provided on the registration pages.
- Print a copy of this record for billing purposes. This information is formatted with your name and the University Seal suitable for official purposes.
- Any changes to enrollment may cause revisions to the billing statement. Students are advised to immediately reprint a copy of the bill at any time there is a change to the registration.
- To obtain tuition due dates, use the links provided on the web registration pages or go to Tuition and Fees.
- Advance bills are sent by e-mail to the student's ODU.EDU e-mail address. A billing statement is e-mailed to all students who are registered the day before billing statements are issued.
- Due to the frequency of course changes, duplicate and/or revised statements are not sent. Students are advised to use self-service access.
- After tuition deadline, students are advised to use the self-service account.
- Financial penalties are assessed on past due accounts in accordance with University policy.
- Failure to attend a course after registering is not justification for elimination of charges. A student must officially drop to qualify for a refund or release of charges by the drop/add deadline. Failure to pay will not release a student from the responsibility for these charges.