eRefunds at Old Dominion University
Old Dominion University is now offering electronic refunds (eRefunds) for all refunds. It's fast, easy and the best way to get your money delivered directly to you. The optional program, which was launched in the Fall of 2011, provides all students with the most direct and easiest way to receive their refund *.
* If you have a past due balance, your refund may be delayed (paper checks and eRefunds).
To ensure you receive your eRefund, you must enroll prior to the disbursement of your financial aid. Otherwise, you will receive a check. The University will make every effort to ensure your refund is deposited into your bank account. Unfortunately, there may be times that you will receive a physical check in the mail, due to unforeseen issues.
The benefits of eRefunds include:
- Swift - your Refund is in your bank account faster.
- Secure - no lost, delayed, or stolen refund checks in the mail.
- Confidential - no need to share your bank account data with others.
- Convenient - no need to go to the bank to deposit refund checks or contact the Office of Finance to update your account information if needed.
- Free - there is no charge for eRefunds
When you click on the Enroll Here link, you will see a message about the new Monarch-Key Login (formerly Shibboleth Single Sign-On). You will be doing the sign-up process through Leoonline using your MIDAS ID and password.
To set up your eRefunds, follow these steps:
- Click Enroll in eRefunds.
- Click on "Enter LEO Online News and Secure Area."
Scroll down and click on "Enter Secure Area."
Log in using your MIDAS ID and password.
- Click on "Admissions, Registration, Student Records, Graduation Information, Payments and eRefunds."
- Click on "Student Records."
- Click on "Make On-Line Payments OR Sign Up for eRefunds Here."
Under the notation Credit Card Payment, select "Continue."
You will be redirected to a secure website where you will be able to set up your e-refund, make payments or review payment history.
- Click on "Refund Account Setup" under Account Alerts.
- Select "Set Up Account."
- Key in all required information (checking account routing number, checking account number, billing information).
Scroll down and under "Save payment method as" enter CHECKING ACCOUNT.
Once all information is entered, click "Continue" - you may need to scroll to see this choice.
Do NOT use your ATM, Debit, or Check Card account number - be sure to use your bank checking account number. You may need to review your bank account statement or contact your bank to obtain this information.
- You will see the authorization page - review the information to ensure accuracy.
Select "I agree" and click "Continue"
- You will see the message "Your new ACH refund account has been saved."
- You are now enrolled and all future refunds will be deposited directly into your checking account.
For assistance, please read the FAQs.