Fall 2012 Parking Changes
These changes will take effect as the lots close around campus for new buildings and will be fully implemented by start of the Fall 2012 semester.
With these changes there will NOT be a parking permit rate increase for 2012/2013!
Lot Closures, User Movements and Other Changes
Lot 27, Lot 22 and Elkhorn Ave (Located adjacent to Diehn Hall) Closed May 2012
- The lots and part of Elkhorn Ave have closed for the expansion of Diehn Hall
Lot 20 (Located in between the Library and Kaufman Hall) Closing August 2012
- This lot will close before the first day of the Fall 2012 semester for the construction of the new Systems Research and Academic Building.
Garage A (Elkhorn Ave. Garage) Converting August 15, 2012
- To accommodate greater demand for more pay-by-hour ($1/hour) parking this garage will be converted into 550 metered spaces
- Open to students and anyone else who wishes to park near Webb Center, Perry Library and academic buildings
- Pay-by-hour will increase turnover and reduce "dwell time" by many vehicles for long periods in between classes
Garage B (43rd St Garage, beside the Library and MGB) Converting August 15, 2012
- To accommodate current Lot 20 users, the entire garage will be converted to Faculty/Staff parking only
- Accessible for student parking after 3:45pm
Other Important Changes
- Underutilized Student Resident lots have be opened up to Commuter Students
- Parking Services is forming a new Student Parking Advisory Committee and working with the SGA for more student input
- Additional Parking Lots are being planned and designed
Feedback Forums Information
Parking Feedback Forums were held as part of an effort to keep you informed of upcoming changes, answer your questions and solicit your feedback before finalizing the new parking plan. The forums were be held every Tuesday from 12:30 to 1:30 in the new Learning Commons Conference Rooms 1310-1311.
Map of Learning Commons
February 21, 2012
February 28, 2012
March 4, 2012
March 13, 2012
March 20, 2012
March 27, 2012
April 3, 2012
April 8, 2012
April 15, 2012
April 22, 2012
For more information on how Parking and Transportation developed this plan to support major capital projects and minimize costs please visit the planning portion of the website here.