Alumni Offered Round-The-Clock Career Services
On July 31, Old Dominion became the only college or university in the country offering “live 24/7/365 service” to alumni who call in with job, resume and other career-related questions.
This round-the-clock service is the result of an agreement between ODU’s Career Management Center (CMC) and MAP Communications, a national call center business located in Chesapeake. The partnership was facilitated with the help of alumnus Brian Dailey ’83, senior vice president and CIO for the company.
“This is a very unique offering available to our alumni and distance learning students,” said Tom Wunderlich, CMC director. “Alumni can now talk to another person anytime of the day or night, no matter what time zone they live in.”
Limited career services to alumni have long been offered by ODU, but three years ago CMC expanded these services to all alumni. This includes participation in all job fairs and events. Through its Alumni Advantage Program, the CMC offers a job search database, eRecruiting, and real-time career advice from a “cyber career coach” conducted electronically.
Alumni who establish eRecruiting accounts can also review and apply for job openings and post resumes online.
For live career assistance at any time, call the CMC toll-free at 800-937-ODU1 or during normal business hours (EST) at 757-683-4388. Cyber career coaches are available at email@example.com from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday.
Check the CMC Web site at www.edu.odu/cmc, then click on the “programs for alumni” link for times and more information about the following programs:
• Nov. 8, 2006 Employer/Alumni Panel, Webb Center
• Dec. 14, 2006 Employer/Alumni Networking Event, Webb Center
• Jan. 30, 2007 Diversity Fair, Ted Constant Convocation Center
• Jan. 30, 2007 Criminal Justice/Sociology Fair, Webb Center
• Feb. 1, 2007 Mentor Panel, Webb Center
• Feb. 7, 2007 Teacher Fair, Ted Constant Convocation Center
• Feb. 15, 2007 “Brown Bag It,” Alumni & Student Networking Lunch, Webb Center
• March 14, 2007 Spring Job Fair, Ted Constant Convocation Center