Follow us online for updates on events and services:
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn | MySpace
What is the Cyber Career Center?
Cyber Career Center
2202 Webb Center
- A small group teaching and training facility.
- A communications facility similar to a tech support call center for Cyber Coaches and Assistants to include after normal hours operations.
- A reception area during on campus interviews so that the students can log on to the employer's website that they are about to interview with to do last minute study with the assistance of a Cyber Coach.
- A location that students can come to for individual assistance with CMC technology and resources and to receive peer support for career related issues and information.
What are we trying to accomplish?
To provide all CMC programs and services electronically to students and alumni.
How are we trying to do it?
By developing electronic means for the staff of the Cyber Career Center to communicate to students and alumni and electronic resources to refer them to, in order to receive the same programs and services they would receive in person.
Why are we doing it?
- to develop the capability to support the future growth of the University
- to meet the needs of more of our local students who live off campus
- to provide services to the distance population of students nationally
- to provide services to our Alumni population while recognizing the realities of our staffing limitations
How will we know when we've achieved our goal?
When we have an electronic counter part to every CMC program and service we provide,
a trained Cyber Career Center staff who can communicate electronically to all of our target populations, and a Cyber Career Center staffed and operating from 8am until 12pm, 7 days a week, every day the University is open for business through out the year.
~Goal exceeded July 2006, 24/7/365 Live!
7 things you should know about...the ODU Cyber Career Center
How to establish a Cyber Career Center