Honors College courses are offered in a small class setting with some of the best faculty members on campus who emphasize innovation and individualized instruction. These courses are not designed to be more difficult or time-consuming but to deepen and refine the undergraduate experience.
Being an Honors College graduate is a prestigious accomplishment, one that is viewed favorably by graduate schools and potential employers everywhere. Further, the Dean of the College guarantees strong letters of recommendation for each successful student. Additional benefits include:
- Honors college students receive an annual $500 scholarship ($250 each semester).
- Honors Students can apply to live in Honors Housing. Applications for Honors Housing must be made directly to the Office of Housing and Residence Life. The Office of Housing and Residence Life prioritizes requests based on the date BOTH the application and housing deposit are received.
- Honors College students enjoy faculty privileges at the library.
- All Honors students may register for classes on the first day of the registration period.
- Honors College students can apply for travel grants to offset the costs of travel to a national or international conference at which they are presenting.
- Honors College students may apply for up to $300 to offset the costs of essential equipment and supplies for the completion of research related to a SHARP-sponsored research apprenticeship , honors contract course, or a senior honors thesis/project.
- Upon completion of the requirements of the Honors College, students are awarded a certificate, a medal, and a silver tassel.