CONTRACT HONORS COURSES
Any student with a minimum GPA of 3.25 may petition a professor to designate an upper division course as "honors" for that student. Students must earn at least a B to receive honors designation for the course.
1. The student obtains an "Application for Honors Course Designation." Applications are also available from the Honor College office in the Student Success Center, Room 2000A.
2. The student, in conjunction with the professor, will develop the honors components for the course. The application form and the letter to faculty provide information regarding the development of appropriate honors activities.
3. The student and instructor complete and sign the "Application for Honors Course Designation."
4. The students submits the completed application to the Honors College office by the end of the third week of classes.
5. Following the course's final exam, the instructor notifies the Honors College office (Lisa Dunbar: email@example.com ) of the student's grade and successful completion of the honors component for the class.
6. The Office of the Registrar will then assign the prefix of "Honors" to the title of the course on the transcript thirty days after the end of the semester.