YOU HAVE JUST ENGAGED AN OFFICIAL UNITED STATES NAVY WEBSITE
- Privacy and Security Notice
- General Disclaimer
- Cookie Disclaimer
- External Disclaimer
- Notice and Consent
- E-mail Privacy Advisory
- This is a World Wide Web site for official information about the Hampton Roads Naval Reserve Officers' Training Corps. It is provided as a public service by the Hampton Roads Naval Reserve Officers' Training Corps. The purpose is to provide information and news about the Hampton Roads Naval Reserve Officers' Training Corps to the general public.
- All information on this site is public domain and may be distributed or copied unless otherwise specified. Use of appropriate byline/photo/image credits is requested.
- Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this Web site are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act.
- For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, this government computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
- Except for authorized law enforcement investigation and to maintain required correspondence files, no other attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits. Raw data logs are used to simply determine how many users are accessing the site, which pages are the most popular, and, from time to time, from which top level domain users are coming. This data is scheduled for regular destruction in accordance with National Archives and Records Administration guidelines.
General Disclaimer -
Areas of this Server link to other Web Information Systems providing information which are operated by other government organizations, commercial firms, educational institutions, and private parties. We have no control over the information on those systems which may be objectionable or which may not otherwise conform to Department of Navy policies. Unless otherwise noted, some of the Sites listed within the pages of this server are provided by organizations outside the Navy Domain. These links are offered as a convenience and for informational purposes only. Their inclusion here does not constitute an endorsement or an approval by the Department of the Navy of any of the products, services, or opinions of the external providers. The Department of the Navy bears no responsibility for the accuracy or the content of external sites.
Cookie Disclaimer -
External Hyperlinks Disclaimer -
The appearance of external hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by the United States Department of Defense, the United States Department of the Navy and Hampton Roads Naval Reserve Officers' Training Corps of the linked web sites, or the information, products, or services contained therein. For other than authorized activites such as military exchanges and Morale, Welfare, and Recreation (MWR) sites, the United States Department of Defense, the Department of the Navy and Hampton Roads Naval Reserve Officers' Training Corps does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations. such links are provided consistent with the stated purpose of this DoD web site.
Notice and Consent -
This is a Department of Defense computer system. This computer system, including all related equipment, networks, and network devices (specifically including internet access) are provided only for authorized U.S. Government use. DoD computer systems may be monitored for all lawful purposes, including to ensure that their use is authorized, for management of the system, to facilitate protection against unauthorized access, and to verify security procedures, survivability, and operatioanl security. Monitoring includes active attacks by authorized DoD entities to test or verify the security of this system. During monitoring, information may be examined, recorded, copied and used for authorized purposes. All information, including personal infomration, placed or sent over this system may be monitored. Use of this DoD computer system, authorized or unauthorized, consititutes consent to monitoring of this system. Unauthorized use may subject you to criminal prosecution. Evidence of unauthorized use collected during monitoring may be used for administrative, criminal, or other adverse action. Use of this system consititutes consent to monitoring for these purposes.
E-mail Privacy Advisory -
By sending us an electronic mail message (for example, an e-mail message addressed to the webmaster), you may be sending us personally-identifying information. In these cases, we may retain the information as long as necessary to respond to your request or otherwise resolve the subject matter of your e-mail. Please be aware that email is not necessarily secure from interception or misdirection. For your own protection you may wish to communicate sensitive information using a method other than email.
Regardless of the information being transmitted to us, we will protect all such information consistent with applicable law including, but not limited to, the Privacy Act of 1974.