Sick Personal Leave Taken - Accural System
The employee accrues five (5) hrs of sick leave per pay period. Leave must be accrued before it can be used.
There is no limit on the amount of sick leave the employee can carry over to the next calendar year.
The application leave code to use on the LARF is:
Employees shall be allowed to use their accrued sick leave to take time off from work for the following reasons:
- 1. if medically necessary, during an employee's temporary disability from performing his or her duties, including disability
- related to pregnancy or childbirth;
- 2. if an employee has, or has been exposed to, a contagious disease such that his or her presence on the job might
- jeopardize the health of others; and
- 3. if an employee's medically-related appointment (s) cannot be scheduled during his or her non-work hours.