October 14, 2005
News for Faculty, Staff, Students & Friends
Volume 35, No. 4

Headlines

PHOTO BY CHUCK THOMAS

Happy Birthday, Old Dominion!
Hundreds of members of the campus community gather on Kaufman Mall Sept. 20 to mark Old Dominion’s 75th anniversary in a big way. The university opened its doors on Sept. 12, 1930, as a two-year extension of the College of William and Mary. See Page 7 for more anniversary kickoff photos.

University will present awards to seven distinguished alumni on Founders’ Day
Old Dominion will present Distinguished Alumni Awards to seven former students Oct. 21 at the annual Founders’ Day luncheon in Webb Center.
Full story


Images and text are ©2005 Old Dominion University. This material is subject to copyright and unauthorized use is prohibited.