I-9 Paperwork and Processing
I-9 paperwork verifying international student employment eligibility is processed by International Student & Scholar Services (ISSS) located 2006 Dragas. Days and hours for processing I-9 paperwork are the following:
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday: 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m
- Tuesday and Thursday: 12:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
If you absolutely cannot make it to ISSS during the times above, please contact our office to request a specific time.
The student bring original documents that show eligibility of employment.
When the Research Foundation or the University employs an international student, we need a letter from the hiring department (on letterhead and with an original signature) stating the following information:
- Student's full name and UIN
- Employing department name, contact and phone number
- Name of student's direct supervisor
- Dates of employment
- Job title and wages (student hourly or graduate assistant)
Number of hours the student will be working per week in this position (international students may only work a maximum of 20 per week while school is in session; that number increases to 40 per week during vacations).
- How is this position funded: Research Foundation or the University?
If a graduate assistantship is awarded, the student must request that his/her visa document be updated by ISSS. In addition, if a student has a hold which prevents registration, I-9 paperwork will not be processed. Please contact our office if you have any questions.