NATO / SACT - ODU Scholarship
Important Information & Procedures
Old Dominion University will offer up to 50 scholarships (at any one time), equivalent to the difference between in-state and out-of-state tuition, to qualifying students who are either members of the Allied Force attached to HQ SACT, spouse, or a child of a member.
These awards will be for those successfully and continuously enrolled fulltime in an undergraduate or graduate degree seeking program.
Application & Admission
- Please contact NATO / SACT for your name to be added to the official qualified SACT - ODU list.
- Submit application and supporting documents to ODU Office of International Admissions. You may apply on-line or use the pdf application from the website.
- Admission to ODU will be based upon the standard admission criteria for the level and degree the student is applying.
- An appointment with The Office of International Admissions is not necessary.
- Once the application and all supporting documents are received an admission decision will be made and a letter will be sent to the mailing address provided on the application.
- Once admitted it is strongly recommended that you visit the International Admissions Website for Admitted students. Here you will find important information concerning orientation, health services, international student services, housing, and PREVIEW.
- If there are more than 50 active scholarship recipients, your name will be placed on a waiting list. Once admitted you will be notified via e-mail if you are placed on the waiting list.
Registration & Orientation
- All new undergraduate students (who are not full-time English Language Center (ELC)) are required to attend the PREVIEW program. Please visit the website for additional information and registration:
- All newly admitted students are required to attend the International Orientation. Please visit the website for additional information:
English Language Center
- If you have received a conditional admission to ODU, you will be required to retake the TOEFL test prior to enrollment, or enroll in ODU's ELC Program. Please visit the ELC webpage for further information.
- The SACT - ODU scholarship does not cover the tuition and fee charges for the ELC program.
Payment Procedure & Billing
- Students receiving the SACT - ODU scholarship are NOT residents under Virginia domicile law, their official tuition residency is "out-of-state".
- The official SACT - ODU scholarship list is updated throughout the registration process and submitted to the Office of Accounts Receivable and the Office of the University Registrar.
- Tuition adjustments are automatically processed each semester. Adjustments may take one to two weeks for new students registering for the first time.
- If you wish to calculate your in-state tuition and fees use the tuition calculator from the Office of Admissions.
- You are required to pay the in-state tuition and fees by the stated tuition deadline each semester.
Scholarship Renewal / Continuance
Each student's academic progress will be reviewed at the end of each academic year. If a student does not meet the minimum GPA requirement to maintain the scholarship, the student will be notified and the scholarship will be revoked.
Continuance of the scholarship and award level will be structured as follows, based on GPA:
- Undergraduate student with at least a 2.7 GPA - Full scholarship
- Undergraduate student with GPA below 2.7 - Half scholarship
- Undergraduate student with a GPA below 1.99 - No scholarship/probation
- Graduate student with at least a 3.0 GPA - Full scholarship
- Graduate student with GPA below 3.0 - No scholarship/probation/suspension
Students must maintain a minimum GPA of 2.7 (undergraduate) and 3.0 (graduate) each semester to continue the benefit. GPAs will be assessed annually in May. If a student's GPA falls below the full scholarship range but increases in a subsequent term, the full scholarship can be reinstated.
This new policy will only impact students admitted and enrolled after the Fall 2008 semester.
|NATO / SACT HQ
Marco Mazza Riccardi, Cdr ITN
NATO SACT HQ - TCAP/SCPI
Strategic Engagement & Vision
Tel: (757) 747-3182
Fax: (757) 747-3710
|Old Dominion University|
Office of International Admissions
129 Koch Hall