ODU Will Close Saturday Due To Inclement Weather
The National Weather Service has issued a winter storm warning for heavy snow in our area. Old Dominion University, including the Peninsula, Tri-Cities and Virginia Beach Higher Education Centers, will be closed Saturday, Jan. 30. Essential personnel should check with their supervisors to determine their need to report to work Saturday. Friday evening classes will be held as scheduled. Continue to monitor this site for updates.
Old Dominion University students, faculty and staff are reminded that any campus-wide delays or closings will be announced through the university's ODU Alerts messaging system, web site and e-mail, and local media outlets. Sign up for ODU Alerts at https://www.odu.edu/apps/alerts/.
The following local media outlets will carry information about delays or closings: television stations WTKR-TV 3, WAVY-TV 10, WVEC-TV 13, and radio stations WHRV-FM 89.5 and WHRO-FM 90.3. Students can check Access TV (channel 37.1) for updates on available services.
For campus emergencies, call the ODU Police Department at 683-4000.
Notices and Advisories
- Webb Center will open on an abbreviated schedule from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m., but all scheduled events are cancelled. The Campus Information Center will be open regular hours, as will the Cyber Loft computer lab (12 noon to 4 p.m.) and K.C.'s Lions Den game room (12 noon to 9 p.m.)
- Café 1201 will open for brunch from 9:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. and for dinner from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. C-Stores in the residence halls and the POD will be open. Hours of other food retail locations will depend on the severity of weather and staff available. For more information on dining hall schedules, visit www.odu.edu/monarchdining.
- The Student Recreational Center currently plans to be open from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Saturday and 10 a.m. to midnight on Sunday.
- The University Libraries will be closed Saturday and will delay opening on Sunday until noon.
- The ODU Campus Shuttle Service will not run Saturday. Visit www.odutransit.com for updates.
- The Admissions Daily Tour and Presentation scheduled for Saturday at 11 a.m. is cancelled. Contact the Admissions Office at 757-683-5678 to reschedule.
- The 8 p.m. Friday performance of Brave New World at University Theatre will be held but the Saturday performance is cancelled. The performance will be rescheduled at a later date, to be announced.
- The Baron and Ellin Gordon Galleries are closed Saturday. Check back for updates on Sunday's schedule.
- The ODU Baseball Clinic scheduled for 8:30 a.m. Saturday has been cancelled. Those who purchased advanced tickets for the clinic can redeem them at the gate for any home 2010 ODU baseball game, which opens on Feb. 19 against Fordham.
- The Kiwanis Circle K Mid-Winter Conference scheduled for Saturday has been cancelled.
- The Bold and Fresh Tour, featuring Bill O'Reilly and Glenn Beck, scheduled for 8 p.m. Saturday at the Ted Constant Convocation Center has been postponed. The show is rescheduled for Friday, May 21 at 8 p.m. Patrons holding tickets for tomorrow night's show are encouraged to hold onto them as they will be honored on the rescheduled date.
This article was posted on: January 29, 2010
Old Dominion University
Office of University Relations
Room 100 Koch Hall Norfolk, Virginia 23529-0018
Old Dominion University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution.