PUBLIC SAFETY SATELLITE STATION OPENS IN POWHATAN COMPLEX
The Old Dominion University Office of Public Safety will hold an open house to mark the grand opening of its Powhatan Satellite Station today from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Located in the center of the Powhatan One Apartment complex, the Satellite Station serves as a secondary resource for a quick response to criminal activity and all other resources provided by the University Police Department. The satellite station is open from 8 a.m. until midnight, five days a week. Services are as follows:
- Campus maps
- Registration/Engraving (property)
- Crime prevention strategies (safety lectures and seminars)
- Campus Student Escort Service
- Resource for crime prevention
- Campus community events information
- Motorist Assistance Program
- Campus shuttle bus information
- Code of Student Conduct
- Lost and Found
- Resource for victims of sexual assault and sexual harassment
- Information on Counseling Services
For more information, contact the Satellite Station at 683-6528 or the Office of Public Safety's main desk at 683-4003.
This article was posted on: October 7, 2008
Old Dominion University
Office of University Relations
Room 100 Koch Hall Norfolk, Virginia 23529-0018
Old Dominion University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution.