View Video of Business College Economic Crisis Faculty Forum
Five of Old Dominion University's top economics experts from the business faculty participated in a panel discussion on the current economic crisis. The forum, "Explaining the Economic Crisis: An Evening with ODU's B-School Faculty," was held Wednesday, Oct. 22.
A complete video of the forum is below.
Nancy Bagranoff, dean of the ODU College of Business and Public Administration, moderated the discussion. The forum panel members were: Larry Filer, associate professor of economics, Sylvia Hudgins, professor of finance, Mike Stein, associate professor of accounting, and Gilbert Yochum, professor of economics.
The forum covered a variety of topics related to the current economic crisis, including:
1) How did we get into this mess?
2) What's been the role of the Federal Reserve in getting us into and out of this mess?
3) Mark to market accounting - what is it and is it good or bad?
4) Why did we need a bailout/rescue?
5) Why did Wachovia fail?
6) How much are Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to blame?
7) What does a tight credit market mean to you?
8) Was short selling a culprit?
This article was posted on: October 27, 2008
Old Dominion University
Office of University Relations
Room 100 Koch Hall Norfolk, Virginia 23529-0018
Old Dominion University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution.