Strategic Planning Committee Forum is Today
Old Dominion University's Strategic Planning Committee will host an open forum today for members of the campus community to hear and comment on the first draft of the Strategic Plan for 2009-14.
The forum is scheduled for 3-5 p.m. in 1005 Constant Hall.
The strategic planning process provides the university an opportunity to review progress on its current Strategic Plan and chart a direction for the next five-year period and beyond. The committee has gathered input from multiple constituencies, including the faculty, Board of Visitors, students, staff and members of the external community.
Provost Carol Simpson and Ken Daley, professor of art, serve as co-chairs of the Strategic Plan Executive Task Force.
The principal themes behind the new plan are:
- Bolstering ODU's position as a major metropolitan university in the southeastern United States;
- Developing and expanding strategic partnerships with a wide range of educational, governmental and corporate institutions; and
- Enriching a student-centered culture on campus.
The planning committees cover the following areas:
- Quality and Institutional Effectiveness
- Community Engagement
- Educational Outcomes and Student Experience: Undergraduate
- Educational Outcomes and Student Experience: Graduate
- Academic and Administrative Support: Technology, Facilities, Resources
- Faculty Development and Resources
- Research and Scholarship
- Campus Life.
For more information about the strategic planning process visit www.odu.edu/ao/sp.
This article was posted on: April 29, 2009
Old Dominion University
Office of University Relations
Room 100 Koch Hall Norfolk, Virginia 23529-0018
Old Dominion University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution.