Alternate Parking Accommodations for President Obama's Visit
To accommodate President Barack Obama's visit to campus, Garage C (43rd Street), Garage D (45th Street) and Lot 1 (WHRO), will be closed on Tuesday, Oct. 27. Alternate parking arrangements have been secured for faculty, staff and students who normally park in those locations.
For those who normally park in Garage C, utilize -
- Garage A located at 43rd Street and Elkhorn Avenue.
For those who normally park in Garage D, utilize -
- Visitor's Lot in front of the football stadium at 49th Street and Hampton Boulevard;
- Lot 6 on Bluestone Avenue and 49th Street;
- Lot 27 on Elkhorn and 49th Street;
- Lots 11, 16 or 33 on 49th Street near Rogers Hall.
All parking lots located west of Hampton Boulevard will be considered as overflow lots and any vehicle with a valid ODU parking decal may park there.
Additional parking also can be found in
- Lot 42 near Whitehurst Hall;
- Lots 48, 52 or 55 on the south side of 43rd Street; and
- Lot 43 at Powhatan Avenue and 43rd Street;
Shuttle bus service on a special route will be provided to transport individuals who park from the west side of campus to the University Village area. The shuttle will run from 7:30 a.m. to 9 a.m. and again from 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
This shuttle will start at Lot 38, located just north of Garage A (43rd Street and Elkhorn Avenue) and visit Lot 27 located on the corner of Elkhorn Avenue and 49th Street, as well as the Visitor's Lot located next to football stadium. The bus will cross Hampton Boulevard and proceed to the University Village.
The Blue Route shuttle service will run its normal route service, including a stop at Lot 43 located on Powhatan Avenue and 43rd Street and the parking lots near Whitehurst Hall.
This article was posted on: October 23, 2009
Old Dominion University
Office of University Relations
Room 100 Koch Hall Norfolk, Virginia 23529-0018
Old Dominion University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution.