Latest Updates on ODU Campus Situation
Old Dominion University classes will resume on Saturday, Nov. 14. This includes the Peninsula, Tri-Cities and Virginia Beach Higher Education Centers.
Notices and Advisories
- ODU Police remind the campus community to continue to exercise caution when moving about the campus. Flood waters are receding but another high tide occurs around 6 p.m. this evening. Currently Powhatan Avenue between 38th Street and 42nd Street has standing water and should be avoided. Parking Lot 1 (near WHRO) also has water.
- Lady Monarchs Basketball Game vs. Stanford (7 p.m. Ted Constant Center) will be played as scheduled. Visit www.odusports.com for more information.
- The ODU Admissions Open House will be held as scheduled on Saturday, Nov. 14, in the Webb University Center. Parking will be available in Garage B on 43rd Street and Bluestone Avenue.
- PRAXIS Exams will be administered as planned on Saturday, Nov. 14. Examinees should report to the Lot 20 Entrance of the Education Building (south side near handicap ramp) for class assignments in Batten Arts and Letters, Education or Constant Hall buildings, and are asked not to report before 7:15 a.m. to allow staff time to prepare.
- The Alternative Route to Teacher Licensure (Career Switchers) program at the Virginia Beach Higher Education Center will be held as scheduled from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 14.
- The "Voices and Brass" Concert scheduled for 3 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 15, in the Diehn Fine and Performing Arts atrium will be held as scheduled.
- The Student Recreational Center is currently without power and is closed, but anticipates re-opening soon. Continue to check back for updates.
- Webb University Center has power and is open and Café 1201 is serving meals. Click here for an updated list of the modified hours of operation for dining services available on campus. Students are reminded to contact Residence Life Staff for assistance.
Old Dominion University faculty, staff and students are reminded that any campus-wide delays or closings will be announced through the university's ODU Alerts messaging system, web site and e-mail, and local media outlets. Sign up for ODU Alerts at https://www.odu.edu/apps/alerts/.
The following local media outlets will carry information about delays or closings: television stations WTKR-TV 3, WAVY-TV 10, WVEC-TV 13, and radio stations WHRV-FM 89.5 and WHRO-FM 90.3.
For campus emergencies, call the ODU Police Department at 683-4000.
This article was posted on: November 13, 2009
Old Dominion University
Office of University Relations
Room 100 Koch Hall Norfolk, Virginia 23529-0018
Old Dominion University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution.