Gov. McDonnell to Sign Green Energy Legislation April 2 at ODU
Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell will sign green energy legislation at a 3:30 p.m. ceremony Friday, April 2, at Old Dominion University's Innovation Research Park Conference Center.
He will be joined by Secretary of Natural Resources Doug Domenech, members of the General Assembly, energy industry representatives and university officials. The event is open to the public.
McDonnell chose to sign the bills at the university as it is host of the Virginia Coastal Energy Research Consortium and the site where he unveiled his energy plan during last year's gubernatorial campaign.
The governor is expected to sign the following bills:
- HB 803 and SB 623, creating green jobs tax credits;
- HB 928, establishing the Virginia Universities Clean Energy Development and Economic Stimulus Foundation;
- HB 389 and SB 577, creating the Virginia Offshore Wind Development Authority;
- HB 1022, encouraging the use of wind energy by Virginia utilities;
- HB 533 and SB 112, allowing for the acceleration of the replacement of aging gas utility infrastructure; and
- HB 806, adding improvement of infrastructure such as refueling stations as a goal of the Alternative Fuels Revolving Fund.
This article was posted on: April 1, 2010
Old Dominion University
Office of University Relations
Room 100 Koch Hall Norfolk, Virginia 23529-0018
Old Dominion University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution.