Board of Visitors Approves Tenure, Emeritus AppointmentsThe Old Dominion University Board of Visitors on June 17 approved 24 tenure appointments.
The award of tenure and promotion to associate professor were approved for the following members of the faculty (listed by college):
- Arts and Letters - Peter Eudenbach, art; Yvette Pearson, philosophy and religious studies; Stephen Pullen, communication and theatre arts; Kevin Romberger-Depew, English.
- Business and Public Administration - Mohammed Alkadry (already an associate professor), urban studies and public administration; Russell Haines, information technology and decision sciences; Soo-Hoon Lee, management; Michael Seiler (already a full professor), finance; Michael Stein (already an associate professor), accounting.
- Education - Amy Adcock, STEM education and professional studies; Tami Al-Hazza, teaching and learning; KaaVonia Hinton-Johnson, teaching and learning; Sueanne McKinney, STEM education and professional studies.
- Engineering and Technology - Shannon Bowling, engineering management and systems engineering; Abdelmageed Elmustafa, mechanical engineering; Ariel Pinto, engineering management and systems engineering.
- Health Sciences - Kimberly Adams-Tufts (already an associate professor), nursing; Anna Jeng, community and environmental health.
- Sciences - Alexander Bochdansky, ocean, earth and atmospheric sciences; Declan De Paor, physics; Lisa Horth, biological sciences.
In addition, the board approved the appointments of three new faculty members with tenure: Nikos Chrisochoides, professor, and Yaohang Li, associate professor, both in computer science; and Emmanuel Rudatsikira, professor, community and environmental health.
The board also approved the title of emerita for Cynthia Wright Swaine, instructional services librarian, who is retiring Sept. 1, and the title of emeritus for Charlie Turner, associate professor of economics, who is retiring Aug. 1.
This article was posted on: June 17, 2010
Old Dominion University
Office of University Relations
Room 100 Koch Hall Norfolk, Virginia 23529-0018
Old Dominion University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution.