FLU SHOTS OFFERED NOV. 14 IN WEBB CENTER
The Old Dominion University's Student Health Services will offer flu shots to students, faculty and staff from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 14th, in the South Mall of Webb University Center.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommend flu shots for:
* People 50 years of age or older;
* People who have chronic respiratory or cardiovascular problems, including asthma;
* People who have required regular medical follow-up or hospitalization during the preceding year because of chronic conditions, including diabetes, kidney dysfunction, blood disorders or immuno-suppression caused by medications or HIV virus;
* Health care workers in hospital and outpatient care settings, including emergency response workers;
* People who provide home care to people at high risk; and
* Household members of people in groups at high risk.
Cost for students is $9, which can be billed to a student's account; faculty/staff, $14, payable by check or money order to Old Dominion University. Bring a student or faculty/staff ID.
More information is available by calling 683-3132.
This article was posted on: November 11, 2002
Old Dominion University
Office of University Relations
Room 100 Koch Hall Norfolk, Virginia 23529-0018
Old Dominion University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution.