ODU Weather Update
Old Dominion University closed at 3:30 p.m. today (Dec. 16). Exams scheduled for 3:45 through 10 p.m. Thursday will be held at the same time on Monday, Dec. 20, unless your professor has stated otherwise.
No decision has yet been made about Friday morning exams. However, officials will monitor road conditions and make a decision as early as possible.
With the university officially closed this evening, here is an update on the availability of services:
1. SafeRide and Escort Services will not be available this evening.
2. The Shuttle buses have stopped and will not be running this evening.
3. The Student Recreation Center will close at 6 p.m. this evening. Depending on weather conditions in the morning and the university's status, it may have a delayed opening tomorrow.
4. Webb University Center will be open all night tonight.
5. With the exception of Quiznos, House of Blues, and BAL, which will not open, Campus Dining will not have any changes to the original operating hours posted for tonight or Friday. Please refer to the Campus Dining Web site for posted hours.
6. The residence halls will now officially close at 10 a.m. Tuesday, Dec. 21 for those students who have a rescheduled exam or have travel concerns due to the weather. Hall staff will be going door to door to seek out your intentions for leaving the halls so they can plan accordingly. This information is very important to ensure we have accurate counts for dining and know how many students are still here. If hall staff haven't contacted you and you are still on-campus, please seek out the staff to provide them with this information.
This article was posted on: December 16, 2010
Old Dominion University
Office of University Relations
Room 100 Koch Hall Norfolk, Virginia 23529-0018
Old Dominion University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution.