COLLEGES OF ARTS & LETTERS AND SCIENCES GRADUATE STUDENT ORIENTATION IS TODAY
An orientation program for incoming Old Dominion University graduate students will be held Wednesday, Aug. 23, 4-6 p.m. in Room 102 of the Mills Godwin Building.
This is the fourth year of the program, which was founded by Joe Rule, associate dean of sciences, and it has expanded this year to include sponsorship by the College of Arts and Letters, as well as by the College of Sciences.
Administrators of most ODU colleges and offices are participating this year, and incoming graduate students in all colleges are invited.
"We have found that a live orientation is better received than an orientation on-line," Rule said. "I know that our presenters from the various offices of the university are pleased to have this opportunity to talk with the graduate students."
The presenters will include Roseann Runte, ODU president.
The agenda will include:
· Pizza reception
· Welcome by Richard Gregory, dean of the College of Sciences, and Chandra de Silva, dean of the College of Arts and Letters
· Remarks by President Runte, Provost Thomas Isenhour and Vice Provost Philip Langlais
· Welcome by Dan Stover, president of the College of Sciences Graduate Student Association
· Information for international students: Robbin Fulmore, director for International Student and Scholar Services
· University/college graduate school policies and procedures: Joseph Rule, associate dean of the College of Sciences
· College graduate school policies and procedures: Robert Wojtowicz, associate dean of the College of Arts and Letters
· Career management presentation: Koren Goodman, assistant director (Sciences), and Alice Jones, assistant director (Arts and Letters), of the Career
· Student services presentation: Geneva Walker-Johnson, interim vice president for student services
· Program on preparing future faculty: Elaine Justice, associate professor of psychology
· Registrar presentation: Elaine Dawson, assistant registrar
· Computing/communications presentation: Paula Jamison, customer service manager, OCCS
· Library presentation: Elizabeth Vihnanek, head of reference & research services, and Martha Higgins, social sciences librarian
· Financial aid presentation: Debra May, financial aid counselor
In addition, there will be material available from Parking Services involving parking decals and other matters pertaining to vehicles on campus.
This article was posted on: August 18, 2006
Old Dominion University
Office of University Relations
Room 100 Koch Hall Norfolk, Virginia 23529-0018
Old Dominion University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution.