CONTINUANCE, EXPERIENTIAL LEARNING OFFICES MERGE, MOVE
Old Dominion University's Office of Continuance and Undergraduate Services is merging with the Office of Experiential Learning to form a new unit on the first floor (rooms 133-137) of the Gornto TELETECHNET Center and will no longer be housed in Koch Hall.
The following changes are being implemented:
- Sandra M. Waters, director, continuance and undergraduate services, will be the point of contact for articulation agreements with VCCS institutions and coordinate Experiential Learning programs in addition to continuing with coordination of the Monarch Advantage Program (Learning Communities), the advisor's listserve, the advising coordinators' committee, and other academic advising issues. Her telephone number is 683-6485.
- Lisa Mayes, assistant director of continuance and undergraduate services, will be the main point of contact for academic continuance issues. She will be working more directly with Terri Mathews, assistant dean of sciences, and the other college advisors on the LADDERS program for students in academic difficulty. Her number is 683-3773.
- Eric Allen, program manager for weekend college, will also serve as the webmaster for the office and represent us on technology-related committees. He oversees administration of departmental challenge exams and experiential learning issues as well. His number is 683-6388.
- Tanya Carswell, administrative program specialist, will be the initial point of contact for students pursuing experiential learning options. She also serves as a resource for non-credit operations. Her number is 683-4248.
- Marie Miller, educational practitioner, is the registration and transcripting staff member for continuing education operations. Her number is 683-4247.
Readmission from suspension: Beginning Monday, Aug. 16, undergraduate students requesting readmission from academic suspension will be processed through the Office of Admission or the site director if they are TTN students.
This article was posted on: August 5, 2004
Old Dominion University
Office of University Relations
Room 100 Koch Hall Norfolk, Virginia 23529-0018
Old Dominion University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution.