UNIVERSITY GALLERY ANNOUNCES 2001-02 LINE-UP
The Old Dominion University Gallery has released its schedule of exhibits and events for 2001-02. All opening night receptions, unless otherwise noted, are on Saturday beginning at 7 p.m.
- July 20-Aug. 19: "The View From Here," an exhibition held in conjunction with the Contemporary Art Center, will feature 56 screenprints by 21 leading contemporary artisits from the United States and the former Soviet Union. Opening reception is Friday, July 20, at 5:30 p.m. The exhibit continues through Sept. 9 at the CAC in Virginia Beach.
- Aug. 25-Sept. 16: "Lumen," featuring neon installations and prints by Old Dominion art professor Ken Daley and Clay McGlamory.
- Sept. 22-Oct. 21: "Always the Immigrant," mixed media installation by Roberly Bell, a New York artist who has shown all over the world. This show is in conjunction with the Literary Festival, for which Bell is also a featured artist.
- Oct.27-Nov.11: Juried group exhibition of the Tidewater Virginia Art Educators Association.
- Nov. 17-25: MFA thesis presentation of Danielle Smith-Llera.
- Dec. 1-9: MFA thesis presentation of Ejenobo Oke.
- Dec. 15-23: MFA thesis presentation of Solomon Isekeije.
- Jan. 19-Feb. 17: "Assemblage," a six-person exhibition by artists from around the country.
- Feb. 23-March 31: "Selections from the Ellin and Baron Gordon Contemporary Folk Art Collection," featuring art objects from this world-renowned Williamsburg collection.
- April 6-May 5: "Tom Xenakis Icons," an exhibition of contemporary icon paintings presented in conjunction with Odyssey, Hellenic Cultural Studies Program.
- May 10-June 2: "Governor's School Visual Arts Student Exhibition," an exhibition of work by visual arts students from the Governor's School for the Arts. Opening reception is Friday, May 10, at 5:30 p.m.
The Old Dominion University Gallery is located at 350 W. 21st St. in Norfolk's historic Ghent. The hours of operation are noon-3 p.m. Tuesday-Thursday; noon-5 p.m. Friday and Saturday; and 1-4 p.m. Sunday. For more information, call Katherine Huntoon, gallery director, at 757-683-2355 or e-mail her at email@example.com.
This article was posted on: July 9, 2001
Old Dominion University
Office of University Relations
Room 100 Koch Hall Norfolk, Virginia 23529-0018
Old Dominion University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution.