CRIME VICTIMS AWARENESS WEEK APRIL 11-15
Crime Victims Awareness Week will be April 11-15 at Old Dominion University.
"The Integrated Response to Violence"
3-4:15 p.m. Batten Arts and Letters Room 104
- "Domestic Violence" -- Bernadette Holmes, Norfolk State University
- "Elder Sexual Abuse" -- Jodi Teitelman, Virginia Commonwealth University
- "Medical Providers' Responses to Sexual Assault" -- Stacey Plichta, ODU
Moderator: Brian Payne, ODU
"The Neglected Sides of Violence"
11 a.m. to noon, Webb Center Hampton Room
- "Child Abuse & Domestic Violence: Their Co-Occurring Nature" -- Jonathan Appel, ODU
- "Violence and the Life Course -- Randy Gainey, ODU
Moderator: Randy Gainey
"Victims' Voices: Victims Advocates Perspectives"
7-9 p.m. Webb Center Cape Charles Room
Professionals will talk about responses to victims, services available and answers questions.
"Silent Victims: Visual Display of Victims"
9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Webb Center South Mall
"Conceptualizing the Response to Family Violence"
11 a.m. to noon, Webb Center Cape Charles Room
- "A 'Justice System's' Perspective" -- Brian Payne, ODU
- "The Neglect of Child Neglect"-- Karen Polonko, ODU
Moderator: Becki Fogerty, ODU
Cosponsors include The Center for Family Violence Education and Research, The Women's Center and the Department of Sociology and Criminal Justice.
More information is available on the Web at http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/ovc/ncvrw/welcome.html or by calling 683-3791.
This article was posted on: April 8, 2005
Old Dominion University
Office of University Relations
Room 100 Koch Hall Norfolk, Virginia 23529-0018
Old Dominion University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution.