NCAA BASKETBALL EXHIBIT AT ODU GAMES FRIDAY, SATURDAY
NCAA Basketball's "Champion's Challenge" exhibit comes to Old Dominion this weekend when the Lady Monarchs face VCU at 7 p.m. Friday, Jan. 14, and the Monarchs play George Mason at 2 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 15, at the Ted Constant Convocation Center.
The free, fun-filled event provides fans of all ages with the opportunity to experience hands-on what it's like to be a NCAA basketball player, while having the chance to win great prizes. "Champion's Challenge" is open two hours prior to tip-off, beginning at 5 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 14, and noon on Saturday, Jan. 15.
Champion's Challenge features various interactive areas where fans can participate in basketball experiences, including:
- Center Court - authentically designed half-court basketball court with goals at various heights;
- Kid's Court - basketball court and miniature hoops specifically designed for kids (ages 2-6);
- NCAA Basketball Gaming Zone - featuring gaming units highlighting the latest NCAA licensed video games;
- Champion's Challenge Dream Photo Giveaway - the opportunity to put yourself in an NCAA championship basketball game through photo imaging and receive a valuable fan keepsake;
- Vertical Leap Challenge - the opportunity to test your hops against the best in college basketball.
In addition, Champion's Challenge will feature basketball shooting games for the opportunity to win great prizes provided by the NCAA as well as NCAA basketball facts and figures highlighted throughout the event via televisions and displays.
For tickets, call 683-4444.
This article was posted on: January 10, 2005
Old Dominion University
Office of University Relations
Room 100 Koch Hall Norfolk, Virginia 23529-0018
Old Dominion University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution.