3 easy steps to becoming a member:
- Step 1: Create/update your NSBE account by paying your $10 national dues at nsbe.org!
- Step 2: Create/Update ODU Co-Curricular Transcript
- Step 3: Fill out Chapter Membership Form
- To remain an active member you must attend at least 4 NSBE-ODU programs a semester
NSBE is the premier technical organization for college engineering and technical students. Membership has its benefits, so take the time to join and become part of the premier student organization in the United States – scholarships, internships, and academic and professional development are just the beginning.
Our membership consists of:
All engineering majors
Physical/applied science majors
Computer science majors
Technical professionals and more!!
all other majors are welcome to join as collegiate-affiliate members
So what do I get from NSBE?
NSBE offers students support and networking opportunities
Free Microsoft software with paid membership, such as Windows 7
On the chapter level, students are given exposure to other engineeering and technical students who perform community service activities, form study groups and support one another through their undergraduate and graduate years of study
Students attending NSBE regional conferences and the annual National Convention open doors to numerous networking opportunities and professional development seminars, workshops, and presentations
NSBE hosts one of the largest engineering and technology-oriented career fairs across the globe - last year's Convention Career Fair brought over 300 of the country's top firms together seeking to hire intern/co-ops and full-time employees
In addition, members in attendance recieve up-to-date information on NSBE activities, scholarships, programs and important issues and policies affecting the organization
You'll receive copies of NSBE's wide range of publications FREE - from NSBE Magazine, to the Career Engineer, to The Bridge, the NSBE Bulletin and more!
In addition to networking opportunities, NSBE members are eligible for several scholarships from the hottest companies in engineering, applied, and physical science areas. NSBE provides over $300,000 in scholarships annually.
Student Membership Benefits
Look at what $10 a year can get you as a member of the National Society of Black Engineers!
· Access to over $300,000 in scholarships and awards
· Leadership experience via over 2,000 elected and appointed positions on the national, regional and chapter executive boards
· Internships, co-op and permanent employment opportunities
· Student resume distribution service
· Graduate school and career fairs
· Educational, professional and cultural development seminars
· Networking opportunities
· 25 and over age requirement waived for NSBE members when using Thrifty and Budget car rentals
· Discounted registration fees for the National Convention and Regional Conference
· Information exchange via the NSBE Magazine, NSBE Bulletin Newsletter and The Bridge Magazine