The Office of International Programs* collaborates with faculty in colleges throughout the university on the development and support of partnerships with institutions overseas; the creation of opportunities for students to participate in education abroad through a combination of consortia, bilateral exchanges, and faculty-led programs; and the provision of career and academic preparation for non-native English speakers through a well-regarded English Language Center.
Preparing our students to succeed and excel in a diverse, multicultural environment requires an understanding and appreciation of the world around us. Providing students with a foundation in international education enables them to:
- Develop an understanding of global issues that affect the daily lives of all;
- Make informed judgments regarding world and local issues;
- Compete successfully in a global economy;
- Appreciate the diversity represented on campus and in the community;
- Contribute to possible solutions to world challenges in the areas of health, environment, politics, conflict resolution, and social justice.