Employers and Background Screeners
The National Student Clearinghouse is now Old Dominion University's authorized agent for providing degree and enrollment verifications. If you are an employer or background screening firm requesting the information, please contact the National Student Clearinghouse at:
Note: To cover the costs of this service, some requestors pay a small service fee to obtain verifications of student enrollment.
Students will now obtain FREE enrollment verification certificates (for insurance, military ID cards, etc.) through the LEO Online secure self-service web site. To access this free service:
- Log in to LEO Online
- Select Admissions, Registration, Student Records
- Select Student Records
- Select Verification Services
- Student loans are NOT verified through this service. Verification requests for student loans should be processed by downloading and completing the Verification Request Form. Forms from other agencies should be attached to the Verification Request form and submitted to the Registrar's Office.
- Students with financial holds will NOT be able to use this service to obtain an enrollment verification (see below for information on obtaining the verification directly from the NSLC).
Verifications through NSLC Directly
Students may also obtain enrollment verifications online (24/7) from the National Student Clearinghouse, where the following information is available for a small fee ($2.50):
- Enrollment certificates for present and past enrollments
- View all enrollment information filed with the Clearinghouse
- View the student loan deferment notifications that the Clearinghouse has provided to your loan holders (lenders and guarantors)
- View the proof(s) of enrollment that the Clearinghouse has provided to your health insurers and other providers of student services or products
- View specific information about your student loans.
DPOR Engineering Certification
The DPOR forms are available from the Engineering Department. Directions for completion and submission are on the form.
Completed forms are sent to the Registrar's Office (normally from the Engineering Department) and the Registrar's Office provides the degree awarded, major, and graduation date, the University Registrar's signature, and the University seal. Students should provide a stamped, self-addressed envelope as noted on the DPOR form.