During pre-registration and open registration and through the ADD/registration deadline, faculty may provide electronic overrides or overloads for their courses using LEO Online. Providing an electronic override does not register the student in the class, but in most cases, does allow the student to complete the registration online (during the registration period for the course).
Instructors should always consult with their department before granting overrides or overloads, since classroom capacity and departmental or University policy may not allow overrides.
Overrides that may be given electronically include:
- instructor's approval (where registration requires instructor's signature)
- class (freshman, sophomore, etc.)
- closed class* (overall class capacity reached)
- degree restriction
- duplicate course
- major restriction
- program restriction
- test score
- time conflict
*NOTE: When a closed class override is applied, the student must enter the 5-digit CRN into the Add Classes Worksheet to register for the course. The class will continue to show CLOSED on the search for classes.
To provide an electronic override, the instructor must know:
- the student's University ID Number (UIN)
- the CRN (5-digit course reference number)
- the registration error you are being asked to override. The override MUST match the registration error, or the student will not be able to complete the registration online.
To apply an electronic override in LEO Online (you must be the instructor of the course in Banner):
- log in to LEO Online secure self-service web site
- select Faculty & Advisor from the menu
- select Registration Overrides
- highlight and select term
- enter student's UIN and confirm student's name
- select override criteria - must match student's registration error(s)
- select course
- submit the change. Your part is done and the student may now complete registration for that class via LEO Online.
Errors in overrides (i.e., applying an override to incorrect CRN) cannot be "undone" via LEO Online. If you make an error in the override, please contact the Office of the University Registrar at (757) 683-6530 or e-mail email@example.com to have the error corrected.