DISTANCE LEARNING COURSES
The Distance Learning web site provides information on course delivery methods and long-term course schedules.
Scheduling of distance learning courses delivered synchronously (instructor on site, broadcast, televised, videostreamed) or asynchronously (web-delivered, CD/DVD format) is done by the Office of Distance Learning. Questions about the scheduling of distance learning courses should be directed to David Sorey, Senior Assistant Registrar for Scheduling.
To view courses offered through Distance Learning:
- Go to LEO Online (www.leoonline.odu.edu)
- Select Course Schedules
- Select Schedule of Classes Listing to see a list of subjects offered:
- Regular classes are taught at the main campus and the higher education centers
- Televised classes are live-taught classes broadcast to remote sites in Virginia and other parts of the United States.
- Videostreamed classes are live-taught classes delivered via videostreaming technology.
- Web-delivered classes are asynchronous courses taken on the internet.
- Select Class Schedule Search to search for courses offered in a term (must select a subject to search):
- Use the campus search criterion to find courses taught on or off campus
- Use the session search criterion to find courses by delivery method:
- instructor on site
- internet/computer based