If the student and parent/legal guardian believe that the initial decision is incorrect or there are additional circumstances that warrant consideration, they must complete the Supplemental Application for In-state Rates.
Tuition Appeal Forms
Proof of Residency
To be considered for in-state tuition rates, a student must provide proof of the following information, as applicable:
- Virginia income tax return
- Parents' or guardians' federal and state income tax forms
- Employment contract (12 months)
- Rental agreement (lease)
- Virginia driver's license
- Virginia automobile registration
- Virginia voter registration (Virginia Voter Registration website)
- Virginia property tax form
- Military employees: copy of current leave earnings or certified copy of statement form DD-2058 (State of Legal Residence Certificate)
Photocopies of all applicable material may be attached to your appeal form. Please ensure that all photocopies are clear. Please do not submit original documents. Forms and all supporting documents must be returned within 14 days of the initial decision notification date.
The supplemental application(s) will be reviewed by the University, and the applicant will be notified on the decision by mail. If this application is denied, the student may appeal the decision through the University's Domicile Appeals Committee. The appeals committee is the final review within the University. The decision of that committee is final.