ELECTRONIC TIME TICKETS
Electronic time tickets are required to register for classes during the PRE-REGISTRATION period (the first 5 days of registration for any term). Your time ticket tells you the earliest day and time you are eligible to register for classes. All graduate students with time tickets are eligible to register beginning the first day of pre-registration. You cannot register for classes earlier than your scheduled time.
Admitted students without time tickets are eligible to register beginning the 6th day of registration (OPEN REGISTRATION), when no time tickets are required. (Students who have not attended classes in 12 months or more must contact the Office of Admissions, or the Office of Distance Learning, to reactivate your account before you can register for classes.)
The Registrar's Office will post an announcement on the home page when time ticketing has been run (typically one month prior to pre-registration). NO time tickets will be available before then, but you can view the Registration Timetable to see when you MAY be able to register.
- Time tickets are assigned only to degree-seeking students who are currently registered for classes.
- Time tickets are assigned on the basis of credit hours completed (and transfer hours posted) through the most recent semester attended. Hours the student is currently taking do not count toward the time ticket.
- Time tickets are assigned approximately one month before pre-registration begins, and are updated the 1st of the month of pre-registration, to pick up any late posted transfer credits. NOTE: Transfer credits must be posted to your academic history to be counted in the time ticket.
Time tickets are NOT assigned to:
- newly admitted students, including transfer and graduate students (new freshmen must attend PREVIEW prior to enrolling in classes)
- non-degree students
- degree-seeking students who are not registered for at least one credit hour in the current term (if you took a semester "off" for any reason you will not have a time ticket).
To see your electronic time ticket, after they have been assigned:
- Log in to the secure area of LEO Online (www.leoonline.odu.edu).
- Click on Admissions, Registration, Student Records, Graduation Information, Credit Card Payments, and Financial Aid.
- Click on Registration.
- Click on Time Ticket Information or Check Your Registration Status to retrieve your time ticket.