Student Learning Outcomes and QEP Writing Rubric
The goal of Old Dominion University’s proposed Quality Enhancement Plan is to improve upper-division undergraduate students’ disciplinary writing – that is, writing that demonstrates a reasoning process supported by research and reflection on a problem, topic or issue. Upper-division undergraduate students taught by faculty participating in QEP Faculty Workshops and/or Action Projects will be able to demonstrate the attainment of the following six learning outcomes. Students will be able to:
- Clearly state a focused problem, question, or topic appropriate for the purpose of the task
- Identify relevant knowledge and credible sources
- Synthesize information and multiple viewpoints related to the problem, question, or topic
- Apply appropriate research methods or theoretical framework to the problem, question, or topic
- Formulate conclusions that are logically tied to inquiry findings and consider applications, limitations, and implications, and
- Reflect on or evaluate what was learned.
Full details of the assessment plan can be found in the QEP Document. Please click the image to access the document..
QEP Writing Rubric