[ skip to content ]
New Faculty & Faculty Administrators
Office of Academic Affairs
Ms. Kathryn W. Boone
- Learning Commons Operations Manager, Perry Library, received a B.S. in Criminal Justice in 1981 from Old Dominion University and is expected to receive an M.S. in Library and Information Studies from Florida State University in December 2011. Previously she was a Government Information Specialist in the University Libraries.
Mr. Jacoby A. M. DuBose
- Instructional Technology Specialist, received a B.A. in Electronic Studio Design in 2006 from Howard University. Previously he was a Mobile Application and Web Developer for Insignia Technology Services and Data & Application Analyst, Remote/Telecommuting for Berman Larson Kane/Archi-Tech, Flash & Flex Consultant.
Mr. James P. Duffy
- Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs, received an M.P.A. in 1978 from Old Dominion University and a B.A. in Urban Affairs with studies in Architecture in 1974 from Virginia Tech. Previously he was Associate University Budget Officer at Old Dominion University and Director of Finance and Administration for the City of Virginia Beach Community Services Board.
Mr. George J. Fowler
- Associate University Librarian for Information Resources and Technology, received an M.S. in Library Science and a B.S. in Information Science, in 1998 and 1997 respectively, from the University of North Texas. Previously he was Head of the Library Systems Department at the University of Arkansas.
Ms. Ashley Green
- Lecturer, English Language Center, received an M.A. in Linguistics in 2009 from the University of South Carolina and a B.A. in French in 2006 from Louisiana State University. Previously she was an Instructor for the English Language Program at Kansas State University.
Dr. Gwen Lee-Thomas
- Assistant to the President and Provost for Special Projects, received a Ph.D. in Educational Administration and an M.Ed. in Curriculum, Instruction and Media Technology, in 1999 and 1996 respectively, from Indiana State University and a B.A. in Office Management in 1984 from Southeastern Louisiana University. Previously she was an Assistant Professor of Educational Foundations and Leadership at Old Dominion University.
Mr. David J. McMillan
- Site Director, MCB Quantico & NSWC Dahlgren, received an M.S. in Management in 2003 from Roberts Wesleyan College and a B.A. in Communication in 1992 from Houghton College. Previously he was a Site Director at Southside Virginia Community College.
Ms. Linnea L. Olson
- Site Director, Mountain Empire Community College, received an Education Specialist degree in Higher Education Counseling/Student Development and an M.Ed. in Guidance and Counseling, in 1987 and 1975 respectively, from the College of William and Mary and a B.A. in English and Psychology in 1973 from Worcester State College. Previously she was a Site Adjunct Instructor in Human Services at Old Dominion University.
Ms. Donna S. Savage
- Graduate Education Advisor/Coordinator, Peninsula Higher Education Center, received an Ed.S. in Administration and Supervision from the George Washington University and an M.A. Ed. and B.A. in Elementary Education, in 1993 and 1987 respectively, from the College of William and Mary. Previously she was an Adjunct Instructor and Graduate Education Programs Advisor in the College of Education at Old Dominion University.
Ms. Denisse Thillet-Castillo
- Academic Advisor, Center for Major Exploration, received an M.A. in Student Personnel Administration in 2007 from New York University and a B.S. in Human Development in 2001 from Binghamton University. Previously she was Assistant Director in the Office of Student Activities and Leadership at Old Dominion University.
Ms. Joleen Westerdale
- Instructional Services Librarian, received an M.F.A. in Creative Writing in 2010 from the University of Massachusetts-Boston, a Master of Science in Library and Information Science in 2002 from Simmons College and a Bachelor of Arts in German Literature in 1998 from the University of Massachusetts-Boston. Previously she was a Contract Lecturer in Reference and Information Services at Keene State College.
Ms. Allison N. Wiggins
- Assistant Director for Communications, Office of International Programs, received an M.S.Ed. in Higher Education in 2011 from Old Dominion University and a B.A. in International Business and Economics in 2009 from Mount Union College. Previously she was a Graduate Assistant in the Office of Study Abroad at Old Dominion University.