[ skip to content ]
New Faculty & Faculty Administrators
College of Health Sciences
Dr. Nathaniel M. Apatov
- Associate Professor of Nursing, received a Ph.D. in Neuroscience in 1999 and an M.S.N. in Nursing in 1998 from the Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda, and an M.H.S. in 1990 in Nurse Anesthesia from Texas Wesleyan University. Previously he was Associate Professor of Clinical Nursing and Associate Professor of Nurse Anesthesia at the University of Miami.
Ms. Charlene Brassington
- Senior Lecturer of Community and Environmental Health, received an M.S. in Community Health in 1996 from Old Dominion University and a B.S. in Microbiology in 1974 from Pennsylvania State University. Previously she was an Adjunct Professor, Lecturer and Senior Lecturer in the School of Community and Environmental Health at Old Dominion.
Mr. Chad M. Driscoll
- Lecturer of Nursing and Simulation Instructor for the Nurse Anesthesia Program, received a Certificate in Nurse Anesthesia in 2002 from St. Francis Hospital, a Master of Health Science in 2002 from La Roche College, and a B.S.N. in 1997 from St. Louis University. Previously he was Lead Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist at Sentara Careplex and Sentara Bayside Hospital.
Ms. Sara B. Forbus
- Lecturer of Nursing, received a Master of Science in Nursing in 2005 from Old Dominion University, an M.A. in Health Services Management in 1995 from Webster University-St. Louis and a B.S. in Nursing in 1985 from Northern Michigan University. Previously she was an Adjunct Nursing Instructor at Old Dominion University.
Dr. Ann Marie Kopitzke
- Lecturer of Community and Environmental Health, received a Ph.D. in Health Services Research and an M.P.A., in 2009 and 2002 respectively, from Old Dominion University and a Bachelor of Business Administration in 1987 from the University of Wisconsin â" Milwaukee. Previously she was an Assistant Director and Advisor/Lecturer for the Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences program at Old Dominion University.
Dr. Carol Leler Mansyur
- Assistant Professor of Community and Environmental Health, received a Ph.D. in Public Health (Behavioral Sciences) in 2006 from The University of Texas School of Public Health and an M.A. in Sociology and a B.S. in Psychology, in 1995 and 1988 respectively, from the University of Houston. Previously she was an Adjunct Assistant Professor in the Department of Health Promotion and Behavioral Sciences at The University of Texas School of Public Health at Houston.
Dr. Walter Lee Melvin
- Lecturer/Dentist, School of Dental Hygiene, received a D.M.D. in 1981 from the University of Louisville School of Dentistry and a B.S. in Microbiology in 1977 from the University of Kentucky. Previously he was Periodontics Department Head at Branch Dental Clinic Sewell's Point and at the Naval Medical Center in Portsmouth.
Dr. Shelley C. Mishoe
- Dean of the College of Health Sciences and Professor of Community and Environmental Health, received a Ph.D. in Adult Education in 1994 from the University of Georgia, an M.Ed. in Education in 1981 from Augusta State University and a B.S. in Respiratory Therapy in 1977 from SUNY Upstate Medical University. Previously she was a Professor in the Department of Respiratory Therapy in the School of Allied Health Sciences and the School of Graduate Studies in the Medical College of Georgia, Georgia's Health Sciences University.
Dr. Daniel M. Russell
- Assistant Professor of Physical Therapy, received a Ph.D. in Kinesiology in 2000 from Penn State University, an M.S. in Kinesiology in 1996 from Louisiana State University and a B.Sc. in Sport Science in 1993 from Manchester Metropolitan University, United Kingdom. Previously he was an Assistant and Associate Professor of Kinesiology at Penn State University, Berks.
Dr. Micah A. Scott
- Assistant Professor of Nursing received a Ph.D. in Nursing in 2009 from Hampton University, an M.S. in Family Nurse Practitioner/Primary Care Nurse Specialist in 1992 from the Medical College of Virginia and a B.S.N. in 1990 from Old Dominion University. Previously she was a Graduate Program Director in the Family Nurse Practitioner Program and Senior Lecturer in the School of Nursing at Old Dominion University.