[ skip to content ]
New Faculty & Faculty Administrators
Office of Research
Dr. Yeong-Jer Chen
- Research Assistant Professor, received a Ph.D. and M.S. in Electrical and Computer Engineering, in 2009 and 2005 respectively, from Texas Tech University and a B.S.E.E. in Electrical and Computer Engineering in 2004 from Texas Tech University. Previously he was a Senior Research Associate in the Center for Pulsed Power and Power Electronics at Texas Tech University.
Ms. Melissa T. Hallman
- Grant Writer, Darden College of Education, received a Masters in Public Administration from Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University in 2005 and a B.A. in Political Science from the University of Richmond in 1995. Previously she was a Grant Writer for the Office of Research at Old Dominion University and a Funding Specialist/Grant Writer for the Family Alliance in Lynchburg, VA.
Dr. Stephen Landowne
- Grant Writer and Assistant Professor, received a Ph.D. and Master of Science from Carnegie-Mellon University and a B.A. from Earlham College. Previously he was an Associate Dean for Academic Research at the United States Military Academy.
Dr. V. Andrea Parodi
- Virginia Modeling, Analysis & Simulation Center, received a Doctor of Science in Nursing in 2007 from the University of Alabama at Birmingham, a Master of Science in Nursing in 1979 from Vanderbilt University, and a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology in 1973 from the College of Mount Saint Vincent on-the-Hudson. Previously she was Head of Nursing Research and Consultation and Head of the Team Resource Center at the Portsmouth Naval Medical Center.
Mr. Thomas L. Reese
- Director of Business Development and Technology Transfer, Virginia Modeling, Analysis & Simulation Center, received an M.B.A. in 1998 from Lynchburg College and a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering in 1995 from Old Dominion University. He was employed previously by the Old Dominion University Research Foundation.
Ms. Kersten N. Wheeler
- Research Compliance Coordinator, received an M.Sc. in Marine Science in 2002 from the University of Southern Mississippi and a B.A. in General Science in 1999 from Mississippi State University. Previously she was a Marine Scientist Supervisor at the Virginia Institute of Marine Science.