Feedback about courses is submitted online. The information gathered through the Student Opinion System is used as part of the process to improve instruction at Old Dominion University. Please use this opportunity to help improve academics at the University.
The Student Government Association (SGA) values the important of student feedback towards improving services, course offerings, and academic instruction at Old Dominion University. With this in mind, SGA has partnered with OCCS for an iPad giveaway as part of the spring 2013 Student Opinion Surveys.
Multiple chances to win! Students will be automatically entered into the iPad drawing once for each Student Opinion Survey they complete. Three iPads will be awarded to students; winners will be notified and announced on this page.
REMEMBER, survey must be completed before the last day of classes
THE IPAD WINNERS FOR LAST SEMESTER WERE RACHAEL LECKEY, KELSEY LEO AND NEQUEL WILLIAMS.
FOR LOGIN ISSUES PLEASE CONTACT THE TECHNICAL SUPPORT CENTER AT 757-683-3192 OR TOLL FREE AT 877-348-6503
Proceed to Student Opinion Survey(s)
When can I provide feedback about my course(s)?
For semester long courses (16 weeks), you may complete a Student Opinion Survey about a course during the two weeks before the last day of classes. If the course is less than the standard 16 weeks, you can submit the Student Opinion Survey during the last 9 days of the course. The Student Opinion System closes at midnight on the last day of classes. Note that this is before Exam Week begins. Surveys cannot be submitted once exams start.
Note that not all courses can be opinionated and that summer courses may only be available at the Instructor's discretion (see "Why can't I see all of my courses links on the Student Opinion Survey?")
Can I use my mobile device to answer the Student Opinion Survey?
The new Student Opinion Survey is mobile friendly. You will have the opportunity to provide feedback on your experience using your mobile device once you complete a survey. You may view others' feedback here: http://www.odu.edu/apps/opinions/opinions.php
How do I access the Student Opinion Survey for my course(s)?
Click the link provided on this page. You must log in using your MIDAS Account ID and Password. This information is NOT submitted as part of the feedback data, therefore ALL SURVEYS ARE ANONYMOUS.
How do I get an account if I don't have one already?
You can set up both your MIDAS and email account at https://midas.odu.edu
How do I retrieve my lost password or get a new one?
You can change your password at https://midas.odu.edu
Why didn't I get an email announcement about the Student Opinion Survey?
This may be caused by one of several issues:
- You may not have activated your MIDAS account
- You may be forwarding your mail to a different mailbox.
- The courses for which you are registered are not courses that are available for feedback.
Why can't I see all of my course links on the Student Opinion Survey?
This may be caused by one of several issues:
- You are not viewing the link during the date range allocated for submitting the Student Opinion Survey. (See “When can I provide feedback about my course(s)?”
- Not all courses are eligible for the Student Opinion Survey.
- Some types of courses are not included in the Student Opinion Survey, specifically Independent Studies, Tutorial, Dissertation/Thesis, Lecture/Studio, Programmed Instruction, Computer-Assisted Instruction, Telecourse, NonCredit Instruction and Pre-ISI/Inactive/No Type. For summer courses, you will be eligible to provide feedback about a course only if your instructor sets permissions for feedback.
Why is a course on my list that I'm not registered for or that I have dropped?
Officially, the University has you listed as "registered" for that course. Please contact the Registrar's office.
Why do I see more than one instructor? Should I provide feedback for all of them?
Submit surveys only for those courses with the correct instructor name. Some courses (such as Nursing) have multiple instructors listed. Please disregard those course listings that you see with an instructor who did not teach you.
If the survey is anonymous, why do I have to log in?
The login is used to:
- Verify that you are eligible to complete the Student Opinion Survey
- Determine which courses are to be surveyed by you.
- Determine which courses have already been surveyed by you.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This log in information is NOT submitted as part of the feedback data, therefore ALL Student Opinion Survey results ARE ANONYMOUS.
What are the technical requirements?
This system works best with Internet Explorer (IE) 5.5 or above.
What if I have other questions?
Please contact Technical Support Center at 683-3192 for any issues that have not been covered in this FAQ.
To Provide Feedback about your Course(s)
Click on the link "Proceed to Student Opinion Survey(s)" above. This system works best with Internet Explorer (IE) 5.5 or above.
- Log in using your MIDAS ID and password.
- Click on the course link to provide feedback. Once you submit the survey, you will receive an acknowledgment, and the course link will be removed from this list (you may have to refresh the page).
The login is used to determine which courses are available for feedback by you. This information is NOT submitted as part of the feedback data, therefore ALL Student Opinion Survey results are ANONYMOUS.