Looking for CMD Recital dates? Click here!
Old Dominion University Community Music Division
Recitals are held in the Chandler Recital Hall in the Diehn Fine and Performing Arts Building of Old Dominion University Campus. Pianists perform on a nine foot Steinway Concert Grand Piano.
1. Proper attire for Recitals and Auditions is as follows:
Girls: Dresses, Skirts (no pants). All must be appropriate length, not a distraction from the performance. Think conservatively - skirts should be below the knee with a modest top. (Pianist: Donít forget to cut long fingernails and remove nail polish. A flat shoe is best when pedaling.)
Boys: Long dress pants, shirt, tie. Coats are optional. No sneakers, please!
2. If you are performing in a recital, plan to have your family stay for the entire event. We learn by listening to others.
3. PRACTICE daily so you will be prepared. Recitals are always well attended. Solo piano music is to be memorized. We should not use Xeroxed copies of music.
4. Arrive fifteen minutes in advance before the recital begins.
5. You do not have to participate in recitals. Let us know ahead is you cannot attend so your name will not be included on the program.
6. Smile and bow before and after you perform.
7. No chewing gum. Food or drinks are prohibited in the recital hall.
* Students may perform only one piece or movement in the recital.
Copyright 2011. Old Dominion University Community Music Division. All Rights Reserved.