Department of Information Technology and Decision Sciences
Old Dominion University
I don't post my e-mail address here in a vain attempt to keep spam down. You can find it on the IT department faculty advisor page.
Click here to download a copy of my vita.
- A New Perspective on De-Individuation via Computer-Mediated Communication. Russell Haines and Joan Ellen Cheney Mann. 2011. European Journal of Information Systems.
- Individual and Environmental Impacts on Supply Chain Inventory Management: An Experimental Investigation of Information Availability and Procedural Rationality. Russell Haines, Jill R. Hough and Douglas Haines. 2010. Journal of Business Logistics. 31(2), 111-128
- The Influence of Workspace Awareness on Group Intellective Decision Effectiveness. Randy Cooper and Russell Haines. 2008. European Journal of Information Systems. 17(6), 631-648.
- The Influence of Perceived Importance of an Ethical Issue on Moral Judgment, Moral Obligation, and Moral Intent. Russell Haines, Marc D. Street, and Douglas Haines. 2008. Journal of Business Ethics 81(2), 387-399.
- Contextual factors affecting the integration of enterprise systems in post-merger oil and gas companies. Jill Hough, Russell Haines, Shannon Giacomo. 2007. Enterprise Information Systems 1(4), 421-441.
- Situational Influences on Ethical Decision-Making in an IT Context. (or here or here) Russell Haines and Lori Leonard. 2007. Information and Management 44(3), 313-320.
- Computer-Mediated Group Influence on Ethical Behavior. (or here or here) Lori Leonard and Russell Haines. 2007. Computers in Human Behavior 23(5), 2302-2320.
- Individual Characteristics and Ethical Decision-Making in an IT Context. (or here) Russell Haines and Lori Leonard. 2007. Industrial Management & Data Systems 107(1), 5-20. Featured as one of ten noteworthy journal articles for January 2007 by Emerald Publishing.
Current Research Projects:
I design large session group laboratory experiments (40-50 or more simultaneous participants).
These are run during normal class periods and/or as part of normal class curriculum.
The experiments include:
ODU has graciously provided me with an old workstation to use as a server to host the experiments here.
I hope it doesn't crash, but so far so good.
- A version of the beer game (a.k.a. beer distribution game), which we use to examine cognitive and collaborative influences on supply chain decision making.
- A group development exercise, which we use to examine the impact of collaborative elements on decision making processes in task-oriented groups.
- An ethical decision-making exercise, which we use to examine individuals' ethical decision making process and the influence of group interaction on ethical decision making.
- An on-line auction simulation.
Course web sites:
IT 415 Facebook Page
IT 610 Facebook Page
Baby Bash, a computer game for babies (6 - 24 months).
Tape Calculator (listed here and here), a calculator program for PCs that operates like a desktop adding machine.
Code dump of a set of SQL queries that compute the Gini Coefficient for participation in groups
I am webmaster for the Taylor Elementary School PTA (see also Taylor Elementary School).
I am in the News.
I received my Ph.D. from the University of Houston. Richard Scamell was my dissertation chair. Wynne Chin, Peter Todd, and Joe Kotarba were on my dissertation committee. Randy Cooper was the Ph.D. advisor.
I received my high school diploma from Timpview High School, class of 1986.
My nephew is in a band called Metzener, and they don't stink!
A good site for steam heating and boiler information.
Employee Scheduling web site.